Last updated May 24, 2018
When do we collect information?
Support Focused provides a data collection service for websites. As such we may collect information from two groups of people:
- People who register for the Support Focused newsletter.
- People who interact with the Support Focused website.
Information you provide to us (name, email, other contact information) is collected at the time you provide said information. e.g. when you sign up for the newsletter. Other information such as website usage may be collected when you interact with the Support Focused website.
What information does Support Focused collect?
The data we collect depends on your interactions with Support Focused.
- When registering for the Support Focused newsletter, you will be asked to enter your name, email address and other details to help you with your experience.
- When posting a job listing on the Support Focused website, you may be asked for your name, email address and other details to facilitate the job listing.
In addition to the data you provide, we may collect data from your interactions with the Support Focused service:
- Usage data. This includes the features you use, and the web pages you visit within SupportFocused.com. This includes your interactions on our website, and with us via email.
- Device and connectivity data. We may collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to Support Focused (e.g. when submitting a Support Focused form). This may include data about the operating system, IP address, browser type, and referring URLs.
Note that credit card information collected when posting a job listing is stored by Stripe. Credit card and related information is not stored by Support Focused.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and services.
- To improve the web service.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user purchases an account, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Stripe is the provider for purchases through the Support Focused website.
Do we use "cookies"?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, anonymous, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or advertising uses.
Further to this, we do send anonymous usage data to Google Analytics to compile data regarding user interactions.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Our website contains links to websites owned and operated by third parties. If you use these links, you leave our Website. These links are provided for your information and convenience only and are not an endorsement by Support Focused of the content of such linked websites or third parties. Support Focused has no control over the contents of any linked website and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. Support Focused therefore makes no warranties or representations, express or implied about such linked websites, the third parties they are owned and operated by, the information contained on them or the suitability or quality of any of their products or services.
GDPR: How to access and control your information
You can request edit, delete, or access a copy of your personal data that Support Focused stores. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access and control your personal data will depend on which part of Support Focused you interact with.
Access - You can request a copy of your personal data by contacting us directly. Please provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address. Then we will send you a file with any data we have related to the provided name and information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Deletion - You can request to have all your personal data deleted by contacting us directly. Please provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address, confirm exactly what is being deleted, then permanently delete your information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Correction - You can request to correct any other personal data by contacting us directly. Please provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then update the requested information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Update your collection preferences - You can request that we withdraw consent to use your personal data by contactin us directly. Please provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then delete any of your personal data we store. We will then make our best efforts to ignore requests related to your personal data in the future. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.