Posted March 12
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
- Communicate via email and video conferencing with potential and current clients
- Prepare and provide customer training, and make the training materials widely available
- Improve GitLab through customer interaction
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 emergency customer response
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running GitLab.com is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- More information can be found on the support page in the handbook
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Technical Skills
- Able to triage and resolve GitLab issues
- Able to perform complex Linux system administration tasks
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Communication Skills
- Communicate clearly with customers on technical topics
- Take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Makes customers happy
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with customer scenarios with a Support Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Support Lead
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional 45 minute interview with the VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.